Mini-Split & Ductless AC Services For Nag's Head, Duck, Corolla, NC & The Outer Banks Area
Homeowners are opting more and more for ductless air conditioning due to its energy efficiency and versatility. R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning has years of experience working with ductless systems in our service area, and we stand behind our ductless services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
How Does Ductless AC Work?
Ductless systems are frequently called mini-splits because they have two units. The outdoor unit holds the compressor. The indoor unit contains the air handler. The cooled air is blown directly into each room rather than through a network of air ducts.
Each outside unit supports up to four inside units. (A system with more than one interior module is called a multi-split.) A conduit containing refrigerant, electrical, and drain lines connect the outside and inside units. Installing a ductless system involves drilling a small hole for the conduit, locating the outside unit, and mounting the indoor unit on the ceiling, wall, or floor.
Ductless Air Conditioning Is an Economical Alternative
Budget-conscious homeowners often struggle between a comfortable home and an affordable energy bill. With ductless AC, you don't have to worry about walking that tightrope. Right off the bat, ductless systems save you 30% because they eliminate the energy loss as the cooled air travels through ductwork. Here are three other ways mini-splits save you money:
- Temperature control: A separate thermostat controls the temperature for each inside unit. This means you can lower your setting and customize your comfort room by room.
- Energy efficiency: With SEER ratings of up to 28%, ductless systems have almost double the efficiency of forced air systems.
- Targeted cooling: With a ductless mini-split, you can cool rooms only when you need them. Hello lower electric bills!
Is Ductless Right for Your Home?
One of the central advantages of ductless air conditioning is its flexibility. Easy to install, ductless is ideal for many situations:
- Homes that don't have existing ductwork
- Homes that don't have room to install ductwork
- Converted living space such as attics or garages
- Remodels and room additions
- As a supplement to ducted systems
- Unique cooling for computer rooms and data storage areas
Our comfort specialists at R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning have the knowledge and skill to help you decide whether ductless fits your home's characteristics and your family's lifestyle. Our ductless AC services include installation, repair and service.
Why Choose Us
24/7 emergency service
We have a fleet of over 30 service trucks
100% satisfaction guarantee
Prompt service and quality workmanship