Geothermal Heating & Cooling For Nag's Head, Duck, Corolla, NC & The Outer Banks Area
Geothermal heating & cooling is an attractive comfort option for many homeowners in Nags Head and surrounding communities. Since 1979, R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning has delivered reliable comfort solutions to residents, including geothermal.
How Does Geothermal Heating & Cooling Work?
Geothermal systems use the consistent temperature of the earth to heat and cool your home. During the cold season, heat is transferred from the ground into your home. In the summer months, heat is removed from your home and transferred into the earth.
Geothermal systems consist of pipes buried below the frost line and a heat pump. A liquid, typically refrigerant or water, absorbs and transfers the heat as it moves through the system. The pipe configuration depends on factors such as land availability and soil type.
Benefits of Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Unlike other green energy methods such as solar and wind, geothermal heating & cooling offers steady production. In addition to being environmentally friendly, a geothermal system provides further advantages:
- Nearly 400% more efficient than traditional heating & cooling systems
- Cuts energy costs between 30% and 70%
- Longevity of around 25 years
- Needs little maintenance
- Typically has long-term warranties
- Greater comfort with consistent temperatures
Comprehensive Geothermal Services
To reap the advantages of a geothermal heat pump, you need to work with a contractor who has experience and expertise in managing these systems. Locally, that contractor is R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning. We provide a complete range of geothermal services and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee:
- Installation: Our service technicians will do a site assessment to determine if your home is a favorable candidate for geothermal heating & cooling. We'll recommend the Water Furnace Geothermal system that best fits your location and install it quickly and professionally.
- Repair: Our NATE-certified technicians have extensive experience repairing all brands of geothermal systems. Whether it's a problem with your heat pump or a leak in your ground system, you can rely on us for an expert repair.
- Maintenance: Regular service on your system ensures that your geothermal heat pump delivers optimal performance. We offer service plans that make it easy to check up on your heat exchanger, electrical connections, refrigerant and other mechanical parts.
Whether you need to replace an aging heat pump or are interested in installing a complete geothermal system, R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning can help you make the right decisions for your family's comfort. Give us a call today.
Why Choose Us
24/7 emergency service
We have a fleet of over 30 service trucks
100% satisfaction guarantee
Prompt service and quality workmanship