HVAC Maintenance Professionals Servicing Nag's Head, Duck, Corolla, NC & The Outer Banks Area
The secret to getting long-term performance from your heating and cooling equipment is investing in regular HVAC maintenance. From the day we opened our doors, R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning has been committed to helping homeowners safeguard their HVAC equipment so that it will perform in all kinds of weather.
Why Heating and AC Maintenance is Important
HVAC systems keep your home clean and comfortable, recycle stale air, and maintain a comfortable indoor temperature regardless of what's going on outside. They also contain many components that can become dirty, worn out, or unexpectedly fail. Consequently, your air quality and comfort can suffer. System efficiency beings to slip, and the likelihood of repairs increases. The maintenance services we offer at R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning help you prevent small problems from exploding into major events. Here are the benefits of our Energy Savings Agreement (ESA):
- 15% Discount: Parts and labor for any required service or repairs.
- Priority Service: Your service call will be given priority over customers who do not sign up for the Energy Savings Agreement. This will reduce time.
- Less Energy Use: A clean and well-maintained system uses from 20% to 30% less energy. The savings alone can pay for the Energy Savings Agreement.
- Extended Service Life: Regularly serviced equipment lasts up to 50% longer than non-maintained equipment.
- Projected Equipment Failure: Our highly trained service technicians may be able to predict future equipment failure. Since the equipment is well maintained, there is a better chance it won’t break down during busy seasons or times of extreme weather conditions.
- Peace of Mind: The security of knowing there is no downtime on your rental property. Your system performance is monitored on a regularly scheduled agreement plan.
- Energy Savings Agreements are Transferrable: Your agreement is transferrable if your home is sold, adding value to your property.
- Cost Effective: Preventive maintenance equals cost savings. On average, 68% of emergency trouble calls are a result of not using preventive maintenance.
- Healthier Environment: Dirty, nonmaintained equipment can cause dust mites, poor indoor air quality, soiling of grilles, walls and furniture.
- Enhance equipment lifespan
- Save on repair expenses
Experienced Technicians Make A Difference
R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning technicians have extensive experience with all types of HVAC equipment. No matter what style, brand, or model, our technicians have the training to service your equipment.
In addition to skill and knowledge, our technicians arrive with a smile and courteous attitude. We arrive on time, keep an organized work area, and protect your belongings and flooring from damage.
What Do Techs Do When They Come Out to Do an ESA?
- Technicians examine the physical condition of the indoor and outdoor units. This includes taking the model and serial numbers from the equipment.
- Technicians record the outdoor and internal temperature, which shows the effectiveness of the system.
- Technicians check the supply voltage at the disconnect.
- Technicians check the electrical connections to see if they need to be tightened, etc.
- Technicians check motor bearings to see if they need to be lubed or replaced. They also check the belts to see if they need replacement.
- Technicians will check the evaporator coil for cleanliness.
- Technicians check for the size of the heater pack and the amperage.
- Technicians will check the condensate drains.
- Technicians will check the emergency pan and pan switch.
- Technicians will check the ductwork condition.
- In the outdoor sections, a technician will clean the condensing coil as required, check wiring, check both the compressor amperage and fan motor amperage.
- They will also check the accumulator, charge robber, muffler and drier for any visible damage or corrosion.
- Technicians will check the TXV valve and reversing valve for operation.
- Technicians will check the system pressures, both suction and discharge in the heating and cooling mode depending on the season.
- Technicians will also check and calibrate the thermostat.
- A technician will check for safety and safety controls.
- Technicians will check the burner assembly and electrodes for cleanliness and adjustment for gas or oil furnaces.
- Technicians will check the heat exchanger for cracks, leaks and cleanliness for gas or oil furnaces.
- Technicians will check the fuel tanks for leaks and corrosion for gas or oil furnaces.
- Technicians will replace filters. If they are already done, they will leave some at the house.
- Lastly, the technicians will recommend any action needed to ensure safe operation and save you energy in the long run.
We Make It Easy to Protect Your Comfort
We recognize that some homeowners struggle with the idea of a maintenance service agreement, especially if your furnace or air conditioner is not that old. However, because HVAC equipment falls into the “out of sight, out of mind” category, homeowners frequently forget about seasonal tune-ups. Seasons change quickly. Before you know it, temperatures spike, and you're crossing your fingers as you switch to your AC. Additionally, many homeowners don't realize that neglecting or deferring HVAC maintenance can jeopardize the equipment's warranty.
R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning’s service plans include automatic reminders that it's time to service your system, priority scheduling, and discounts on repair parts. Our programs allow you to choose the level of protection you're comfortable with. However, whether you take advantage of our service plans or call us on an emergency basis, we deliver outstanding maintenance services and a comprehensive system checkup.
Keeping your family comfortable 24/7/365 is our goal. If you're interested in boosting your equipment's performance, avoiding repairs, and extending the life expectancy of your heater and AC system, call R.A. HOY Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Why Choose Us
24/7 emergency service
We have a fleet of over 30 service trucks
100% satisfaction guarantee
Prompt service and quality workmanship